Who We Are
We are a small group of quilters and fibre artists who love fabric, colour, threads, beads and embellishments of all sorts.
The group embraces the creativity of its members and includes all sorts of fibre arts – fabric painting, dyeing, thread painting, fabric collage – while keeping the traditional aspects of quilting alive. Each of us brings different ideas, and that makes for an interesting and exciting group.
We meet on the first and third Wednesday each month, at 7;30 in the Craft Studio. The first Wednesday is stitch together night, where we bring our projects and inspire each other. The third Wednesday is program night, where we have a speaker, a demonstration, or a hands on night. Guests are always welcome to come to either night!
$20.00 per year
NOTE: Burlington Fibre ArtsMembers must also be members of the Burlington Art Centre.
Aims and Objectives for the Guild
- To promote traditional and contemporary quilting and fibre arts creation
- To encourage fine workmanship
- To experiment with new techniques and materials
- To exchange ideas and share learning amongst our members
- To encourage new work and the creative development of members
- To show our work collectively and promote its sale
- To make connections with other quilters and fibre artists in Canada and elsewhere
- To have fun!!!
President Sandy Simmelink, 905-634-9831